The Airheads Beemer Club is a non-profit club reclaiming the 'Legendary Motorcycles of Germany'

Topic-icon Searching the forum

• Chapster70
  • Chapster70's Avatar Topic Author
  • R100 Level
  • R100 Level
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #5377 by Chapster70
Searching the forum was created by Chapster70
Hello,
I’m new to the forum and am having a really difficult time searching the archive. Examples include:
“Cleaning the head and valves”
“Seized engine”
I keep getting no results found.??
Looking for advice on what I’m doing wrong or why I keep hitting a wall with my searches?

Thanks
Chapster

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
5 days 8 hours ago #5633 by 8166
Replied by 8166 on topic Searching the forum
The short answer is that the search function inside the forum is both hard to find and not very good at what it does. Apparently you need to be reading a topic to even see the search box, and I'm not referring to the one at the top of every page in the blue bar. Then once you find it, it searches for the exact words you specify, and will return a hit if even one of those words is found in a topic. In other words, it does a logical OR between the words, when a logical AND would better pare down the number of returns. There is an advanced search, but it seemingly can only be reached after first doing a regular search.

This is among the many reasons why a new team of web wackers are redesigning the ABC web site, migrating away from the current Joomla based content management system to WordPress. Hopefully they'll find better Forum software.

Thanks for your patience while the transition takes place.

8166 Scot Marburger, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Check out the Yankee Hill AirTech Weekend, April 20-21, 2019

• Chapster70
  • Chapster70's Avatar Topic Author
  • R100 Level
  • R100 Level
More
4 days 16 hours ago #5636 by Chapster70
Replied by Chapster70 on topic Searching the forum
Thanks, wondering if I was doing something wrong, I’ll keep trying.

Chapster

Moderators: 11190
Time to create page: 1.365 seconds