The Airheads Beemer Club is a non-profit club reclaiming the 'Legendary Motorcycles of Germany'

Topic-icon Egg on Your Face Situations

More
2 months 1 week ago #6508 by Wobbly
Replied by Wobbly on topic Egg on Your Face Situations

14975 wrote: Went to let the clutch out, it grabbed and the bike shot out from under me, laid over and spun in a circle...in front of all my laughing roommates.

Your screen name should be "Doughnut". :P

Don't hide 'em, Ride 'em !!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 2 days ago #6795 by arni
Replied by arni on topic Egg on Your Face Situations
I've had the lost carb bowl to a boot eyelet adventure. It was easy to find, smashed flat 20 feet behind me. That was in the early days before I had proper boots. The worst, and quite recent happened on a local road. I was flying along and suddenly the RS just quit. I roll it to a dirt side road and start thinking. It shut off like someone hit a switch so definitely electrical. But my hands had been steady on the bars and the thing doesn't have an ignition switch. What could it be? The electrical system would come up but no fire. I pulled the tank and looked around and everything was fine. The sun was beating down as I was scratching my head. Finally I called a friend to bring my trailer and hauled it home. Once in the shop it took 5 minutes to find the problem....the most common and obvious one in the system---The wire between the coils was loose. It's the second or third thing you ALWAYS check and I hadn't done it. Felt like major idiot.

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #6853 by 1405
Replied by 1405 on topic Egg on Your Face Situations
Wait till you're almost finished with an R80G/S restoration and instead of concentrating on the final wiring, you're talking about other projects to do..besides you've done lots of these builds so it's second nature..

Until you turn on the ignition for the first time to check out the lights and suddenly you have smoke in the shop..and you just melted a new harness by switching 2 wires by mistake...duh ;-((

More
2 weeks 22 hours ago #6854 by Wobbly
Replied by Wobbly on topic Egg on Your Face Situations
It's surprisingly easy to let the smoke out, and extremely hard to put it back in.

Don't hide 'em, Ride 'em !!

More
2 weeks 18 hours ago #6855 by 1405
Replied by 1405 on topic Egg on Your Face Situations
Lots more tape...hides the shame.

Moderators: 14652Wobbly
Time to create page: 1.991 seconds